NEET UG 2024: Important Chapters, Tips for Biology, Chemistry, Physics
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a highly competitive examination for students aspiring to pursue a career in medicine and dentistry. As NEET UG 2024 approaches, it is crucial for aspirants to have a well-structured study plan. In this blog post, we will discuss the important chapters and offer tips for the Biology, Chemistry, and Physics sections to help you prepare effectively for the exam.
NEET UG 2024 Biology
Biology is the most extensive section in NEET UG, with 90 questions out of a total of 180. To excel in this subject, focus on the following topics:
- Human Physiology: Understand the functioning of the human body systems like the circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems.
- Ecology: Study topics related to ecosystems, biodiversity, and environmental issues.
- Genetics and Evolution: Comprehend concepts of genetics, Mendelian inheritance, and evolutionary theories.
- Cell Biology: Learn about the structure and functions of cells, cell cycle, and cell division.
- Plant Physiology: Familiarize yourself with plant processes like photosynthesis and transpiration.
- Regularly practice diagrams and flowcharts, as they can help in understanding complex biological processes.
- Make use of flashcards and mnemonics to remember important terms and processes.
- Revise regularly to reinforce your knowledge of the subject.
NEET UG 2024 Chemistry
The Chemistry section in NEET UG includes questions from both Organic and Inorganic Chemistry. Here are some key chapters to focus on:
- Organic Chemistry: Concentrate on topics like hydrocarbons, organic compounds containing oxygen, and nitrogen compounds.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure: Understand the basics of chemical bonding and molecular shapes.
- Chemical Equilibrium: Grasp the concept of equilibrium and the factors affecting it.
- Thermodynamics: Learn about energy changes in chemical reactions and entropy.
- Periodic Table and S-Block Elements: Study the trends in the periodic table and properties of S-block elements.
Tips: NEET UG 2024
- Create a cheat sheet with key reactions and their mechanisms in organic chemistry.
- Practice numerical problems to improve your problem-solving skills in physical chemistry.
- Regularly revise the Periodic Table and its trends.
NEET UG 2024 Physics
Physics in NEET UG 2024 will test your understanding of fundamental principles. These chapters are essential for your preparation:
- Mechanics: Focus on topics like laws of motion, work, energy, and circular motion.
- Electrodynamics: Study electrostatics, current electricity, and electromagnetic waves.
- Optics: Understand the behavior of light, lenses, and mirrors.
- Modern Physics: Learn about dual nature of matter and radiation, atomic structure, and nuclear physics.
- Thermodynamics and Kinetic Theory: Comprehend the laws of thermodynamics and kinetic theory.
- Solve a variety of numerical problems to enhance your problem-solving skills in physics.
- Create a formula sheet for quick reference during the exam.
- Master the art of time management while solving physics problems, as this section can be time-consuming.
Remember, consistency is key when preparing for NEET UG 2024. Devote ample time to each subject, practice mock tests, and seek clarification for any doubts you may have. With diligent effort and a structured study plan, you can increase your chances of success in this highly competitive examination. Best of luck with your NEET UG 2024 preparations!
Mastering Biology NEET UG 2024
Biology, which encompasses Botany and Zoology, holds the key to securing up to 50 per cent of the total marks in NEET, making it a crucial subject to master. While rote learning plays a pivotal role here, don’t overlook the significance of concept, application and interpretation of the NCERT passages.
Follow a well-structured-plan:
— Begin with a thorough reading and revision of the NCERT biology book.
— Prioritise reading all the questions in Section B before selecting the 10 questions in which you feel confident.
— Approach ‘assertion-reason’ questions with an open mind; they may not be as difficult as they seem.
— Aim to complete Biology in 45-50 minutes in the mock tests.
Important chapters in Biology NEET UG 2024
|Biotechnology: Principles and Processes||
|Principles of Inheritance and Variation|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||
|Cell: The Unit of Life|
|Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants||
|Morphology of Flowering Plants|
Bear in mind that lengthy questions, such as those involving statements or matching columns, might initially appear daunting but frequently conceal simple solutions. However, certain chapters, such as Human Reproduction and Biotechnology: Principles and Processes, may appear deceptively straightforward but frequently yield perplexing questions. Other topics, such as Molecular Basis of Inheritance and Principles of Inheritance and Variation, require multiple revisions.
Chemistry encompasses Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry. Performing well in this subject, accounting for a significant portion (25 per cent) of the total marks in NEET, might become your trump card to secure a coveted seat in a prestigious medical institution. To excel in this subject, categorise topics based on their difficulty level and allocate your attention accordingly.
A tried-and-tested approach:
— Begin with a meticulous study of the NCERT book, as questions often resemble those given in it.
— Rote learning can help you score high in Inorganic Chemistry.
— Memorise formulas and equations.
— Create a formula chart for easy reference.
— Practice solving numerical problems regularly.
Important chapters in Chemistry
|1||Thermodynamics||7||The P-Block Elements|
|3||Hydrocarbons||9||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|4||Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers||10||Coordination Compounds|
|6||Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids||12||Organic Chemistry Basic Principles and Techniques|
Physics, often considered the most formidable among the subjects, demands a methodical approach to overcome its challenges.
Strategy for Physics
— Enumerate all topics according to their weightage.
— Select appropriate study materials, including NCERT, exemplars, and Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma (Vol. I & II). Avoid reading multiple books for a single topic and always choose the trusted sources only.
— Mark the important questions, especially in Mechanics and Electromagnetism. It will help you during revision.
— Grasp the fundamental ideas and concepts before grinding away the formulas.
Important chapters in Physics
Some extra tips
Organise your study schedule into dedicated time slots for each subject, encompassing Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. Allocate additional time to the more challenging subjects and topics, while ensuring ample time for revision and regular tests. Establish pragmatic daily, weekly, and monthly study objectives. Monitor your progress and adapt your goals as necessary to stay on track. Abide by your schedule diligently and adhere to deadlines unfailingly.
Identify weak areas and strengthen them by solving problems through multiple approaches. Do not exempt any chapter or topic from your study plan.
Rigorous practice and consistency
Regularly engage yourself in full-length mock tests that simulate the real NEET exam conditions. This practice will help you develop the right mindset for the exam, and improve your speed and accuracy.
Include the questions of the previous years in your tests and integrate concepts from different chapters while practising questions. Remember that when you fully grasp the language of a question, half the task is done.
Pay attention to keywords like “do not,” “incorrect/correct,” and “true/false” in questions. Push yourself to explain why wrong choices are wrong for flawless elimination before choosing the correct one. When faced with questions that have several seemingly correct responses, opt for the most suitable option. During tests, make use of rough papers to jot down formulas and solutions briefly to improve clarity.
A majority of NEET questions — more than 90 per cent — follow the language written in the NCERT books verbatim. Hence, while reading them you must underline, encircle, or highlight important keywords and sentences to aid retention. Write key points in the margins and add additional notes while practising previous-year questions. Also, avoid starting your preparation with those chapters from where questions haven’t been asked in the last few years.
Take a breather
The uphill journey to crack NEET and achieve your dream of becoming a medical professional requires unwavering dedication, razor-sharp focus, and meticulous planning, which is unquestionably both gratifying and taxing. Therefore, it becomes imperative to strike a harmonious balance between your study routine and personal well being. By taking care of your body and mind, achieved through regular exercise, ample rest, and a nourishing diet, you not only enhance your overall preparedness but also pave the way for effective studying and sustained excellence.